Saturday, July 21, 2012

To Knit, Or Not To Knit

I taught myself how to knit about at year ago, but I'm so fast at crocheting that knitting seems like it takes forever to complete anything! I love the look of lacy crochet, but also love the finished product of a knitted items such as hats and afghans. Some of the stitches seem really complicated. 

My sister used to work at an upscale yarn shop, and she couldn't believe the number of people who didn't even know what crochet was.  I'm starting to think that it's a knitter's world out there, but I'm ok with that. 

I once read that women back in the day learned how to crochet because wearing lace signified a higher social status. They could also easily make it themselves and sell it for profit. I'm assuming the same goes for knitting.

Anyway, I would like to introduce to you one of my favorite knitters, Nineteenhundred Designs. She just opened up her online shop, but already has some really cute baby items up for sale. I love this blue striped baby blanket

I'm a sucker for stripes!  She also has some great hat and bootie sets available too. 

As time goes on, I'll still be making lace, while others are making useful clothing and accessories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment