Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 4, 2012

The 4th of July, Independence Day, is my favorite holiday. I've developed my own traditions to ensure that it be the best possible day ever. This year, I watched approximately five different firework shows, attended one parade, drove through 9 different cities, and had a blast!

A few years ago I met a man on Christmas Eve at bar where we sat and drank Mountain Dew for hours. We talked a lot about art, and just life in general. He even had a few photos of some of his art work that were saved on his cell phone.
He's one of the nicest guys that I've met in a long time, and his name is Todd Spore. I've seen him off and on, and when I heard that he was painting a town mural on the side of a building I was very interested in seeing it.

Well it is finished!! Let me tell you it is amazing!


There is a lot of family history painted in this mural.  In fact the little girl in the yellow dress, she is distant relative of mine.

Here is a great video on the meaning and history of this mural.


No comments:

Post a Comment