Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Keeping Things Interesting

Trying to rework the top layer of greenware is patience wearing. I'm really digging my newest my hobby, working with precious metal clay. With a ton of support already, I'm still slow and steady. My mind floats from creativity to nothing, to focusing on the sadness that Alzheimer's has brought to my family. Or that's what the doctors are calling it.

My Grandmother went from being really bad, to worse, then regaining strength, to not recognizing who I was. Years ago I somewhat prepared myself for this. Knowing what might happen, reading about the disease and what multiple strokes could do to a person. What's hard to except is knowing that my Grandpa realizes that she no longer knows who I am. He told me not to worry, that he would never forget me. Those words won't leave my head.

I spent a lot of time with my grandparents growing up. They were fun, taught me multiple skills, and working for them was practically my first job.
When I moved out on my own, I sort of felt the need to acquire a second job. I was already working ten to twelve hours a day at my full time job to really hold a decent second job.
That's when I turned to etsy and started crocheting. A skill that my grandma had taught me, but neither one of us had dabbled in pattern writing.

I used my funds from pattern writing to open another etsy shop, and then another, and another.  I sort of ended up with etsy fever. The original plan was that I would end up with just one shop, but needed serious funding to end up with just working with metal in various forms.
Sadly, I will more than likely end up closing one or more of my etsy shops. I'm not sure which shop(s) I will be closing just yet. An announcement will be made prior to any closures.

No comments:

Post a Comment